Thursday 4 July 2013

I draw too many Korean Males


It's true. :( This blog post is going to be full of them, the next blog post will, probably, be full of them. It's an issue.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they're all I've been painting :'D it shows that I'm just sitting in what's turning into a comfort zone, which isn't cool. :( 

SO. If I don't have at least 2 environment pieces in my next blog entry, you guys are allowed to shake your fists at me profusely. And maybe call me names. Maybe.

The first painting I did is of Sehun from EXO with his annoying as hell to draw  beautiful rainbow hair. It's the first time I've ever attempted hair that's more than one colour and I still think it looks a bit thin and flat, but I gave it a go. 



Next up is Tao, also from EXO~ I think this one turned out better in terms of hair and it actually looks more like him, so yay! I think overall he took me just over 2 hours to paint which is a huge improvement compared to how slowly I used to paint. I do want to try and nail the idea of actually getting them to look a lot more real if I can, though.


That's all I've got this week ): though I have doodled down some stuff in a sketchbook that may or may not get turned into comics.

I also got hold of a copy of Color and Light by James Gurney which I'm very excited about. :D I haven't had time to read through much of it yet, but I like what I've read so far so I'm looking forward to putting some of the lessons from it into the works. (:

The last thing I did that I don't have any evidence of to show ( ;>_> ) is some Sketchup work of what I was hoping to turn into some kind of mountain scene but ended up losing, so that sucks. ): I'll be making another one, though! :D 

And FINALLY, on a non-games related note; I'm thinking of getting some of my character printed onto Stickers and Acrylic charms. I'm not 100% sure who I'll pick yet though I know I'll be getting some of my Tea and Monsters Logo, so I really I was just wondering if there's any interest there. 

If there is, let me know! 

Take care and thanks for reading if you did, see you guys next week. :) 

(~^-^)~

No comments:

Post a Comment