Friday 7 February 2014

*blows away cobwebs*


*gets eaten alive by giant hoarde of tiny spiders*

I'm starting to see a trend with this - I come back for a little while and then I disappear and try and force myself to think of some kind of pun to make up for it. I don't have one this time, I'm sorry. :(

It's kinda obvious that there's been a bit of a while between the time of my last entry and now so I'll try and get things back up to speed and explain what has been going on. I also have some art to show too, gasp! 

I started semester 2 of my second year at uni. So far I've really enjoyed all of the projects we've done/had ongoing but I have a pretty big amount of personal stuff going on that is screwing me over every chance it gets, so things aren't going as well as I'd like to say they were.

I am working on it though and I'm determined to get back to wanting to do more than sleep, so hopefully that'll work out. :D 

Now that the boring bit full of excuses is out of the way, onto some art:


Here's Grumpy Bag. He's a design that popped into my head and just wouldn't go away so I figured I'd try and draw him. As you can tell by the lower half he isn't done yet but I thought he was done enough for me to be able to show you, so here he is. :D

I also did some more studies of him that I plan on cleaning up, so here's the sketches:

So blue, whoaaaaa.


Onto some 3D stuff now. We got the chance to start messing around with Specular textures and that kinda thing with Maya and UDK and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda fascinated by it. :'D Some of these pictures will probably look kinda boring but I don't care! They're cool to me. ;-;

Here's the first test that I did (no texture):



So shiny. @u@ The next one is a bit more interesting, I promise. Here's the texture I made for it:


I should have worked on it longer but I think it came out okay for the 10 minutes I spent panic-painting it. I have to make another one so I'll be sure to spend more time on that. Here's what it looks like in UDK with a Normal and Specular map applied:



GOSH SO MAGICAL.

This week we're starting Mudbox which so far has made me make seal noises of joy because I'm easily amused, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I'll have something to show of it in the next entry. 

Thanks for reading if you did and have an awesome week. :D 

(~^-^)~




No comments:

Post a Comment