Thursday 9 May 2013

Level Up!

/Absolutely totally original blog title relating to finishing first year.

So, that's it! D: First year is officially done and dusted and I now have a few months to do whatever I like. I had my one-to-one today which I was pleased with and I'm already looking forward to next year. :D 

This week I've been doing a few digital paintings of pretty Korean males some of my favourite artists to get some painting & realism practice in, so here they are:



The top one is Key from SHINee and the bottom is Yesung from Super Junior. I've also started on a 3rd one, though it isn't really at a stage that I feel I can post it at yet as there's not much to see. :'D 

I also made some fanart for a game that was recently released called Paper Titans. It was super fun to make and I'm pretty happy with how it came out:



Other than that I haven't drawn all that much that I can show, sadly. :( I do plan on getting some stuff pumped out during the next week though, along with (hopefully) some maya things too, so look out for those! :D 


--


Along with posting some art, I also mentioned last week that I wanted to talk a bit about this first year of Games Design and how I felt about it, things I've enjoyed, found challenging, overcome, etc. So here it is :D it may be a bit lengthy but I'll try not to ramble too much!

I've learned a lot this year (both art-wise and when it comes to myself) and I'm extremely thankful for the people that helped me learn those things. I started the year without really touching realism (out of lack of interest and knowledge that I suck :'D ) and now I adore it, wanting to make as much and improve as much as I can. I'd consider that a bit of an extreme change. :P

Another thing is my self confidence. I started the year having a lot more anxiety around other people than I do now and while I still have a long way to go, I feel that just being around the people on my course is helping me every day. I feel accepted and that's amazing. So, if you're on my course (be it as a student or a tutor), thank you. :) I couldn't do it without the support of my friends outside of Games Design either of course, they just both help in very different ways. 

The Blitz Open Day has certainly been something that I completely didn't expect to happen when I first started uni. I remember us being told about it and wanting to apply, though I never expected to actually get accepted. That day has really changed a lot of things for me in positive ways - made me more determined to get into the industry, made me more confident in myself and helped me have a clearer idea of what I want to do. 

Overall I just feel so much better about a lot of things and I hope to keep that going. Expect a LOT of art from me over the summer, regular updates and (hopefully) some improvement! 

Thanks for reading if you did and have an awesome week. :)


(~^-^)~

No comments:

Post a Comment