Friday 13 September 2013

Hands and Cupcakes


The title of this post pretty much sums up what I've been drawing lately. :'D A lot of cupcakes and a lot of hands.

The cupcakes for the most part aren't something that I've posted on my Facebook/Twitter/etc because they were drawn as part of a thank you card for someone important to me, so unfortunately because I wanted to keep it between the two of us I won't be posting them here, sorry. ):

 I do have a (fairly blurry) digital painting that I did of a cupcake though so not all is lost:



I also did another study of my Sister's camera from my desk, which was an experience because it was the first time in a while that I've drawn something that was in front of me physically rather than from a reference picture on the internet. It wasn't too bad though. :D 



Something I've spent the last day or two really working on is hands/arms. My hands still need a lot of work but it was fun sitting down for an hour or two to just copy down some poses. I definitely learned some things and had a lot of fun drawing these, so that was a nice experience! 

There's quite a lot of them and they can be found below:




Then the last painting I started on last night is of a Cthulhu. It's not what I usually paint and I'm not entirely sure what they're supposed to look like but this is what I have so far:

 



Finally, on a more stylised side of things, I made this cover photo for my personal Facebook. It features Porridge Warrior slipping in a river of lucky charms. :D




I'll probably end up making a banner for my art page too, it's just a matter of figuring out what to actually put on it and that could take a while. ): I'd use this one but I don't think a distressed bowl of porridge with spoons for arms gives off much of a taste of who I am or what my art is like.


... Oh wait.


(~^-^)~



No comments:

Post a Comment