Thursday 10 October 2013

Sketchbook Challenge



 The Sketchbook Challenge is something that I found out about yesterday when I shamefully listened in accidentally heard one of my tutors talking to the First Year class about it. I thought that it sounded like a really cool idea so I looked it up and decided I'm gonna try it. :D The theme for this month is 'Animal Companions' and if anyone is interested in checking it out then there's a blog all about it here!

Unfortunately I haven't actually started because I didn't buy a sketchbook for the occasion yet, though I'm going to fix that issue tomorrow. I did do this drawing of Tyke and myself to give you a taste of what's to come, though:


Other than that quick piece I've spent pretty much all of this week working on a board game project which at the moment is still in prototype form (but ready to make pretty!). I've got a few pictures of it which I'll post below though :D so here they are:




Without making a huge text wall that totally clogs up this entry, our team is making a phonics board game that's supposed to help teach children how to read and learn words. Our game includes picture cards of various animals/objects and sound cards that you use to spell, use in sentences and think of words for. I hope that makes sense, if not just ask if you want to know more! :D 

Also just so you know for sure - this is a GROUP project so I can't take all the credit, my team-mate Sanya is also working on this so yay for her! :D

To go with that, here's a pendant that I've started on as a player counter:


 It'll have pictures of explorers in once it's done, this is just a base for it~ 

And there's also this that you don't really want to see but I drew it this week so it's only right to include it I guess:




SO. On that joyful note, I hope you have an awesome week and thanks for reading if you did. :) Prepare yourself for angsty Corn Snake pictures. Lot's and lot's of angsty Corn Snake pictures. 

(~^-^)~

No comments:

Post a Comment