Friday 1 November 2013

Fire and Water

I tried to think of a witty title for this entry but I've got nothing so have this overused boring one instead!

This week I've spent a lot of time drawing the same character over and over again, but I kinda like him so it's been fun.

His name is Cole and he's made of fire. :D Here's some of the many character variations I did for him:

Also I apologise for the crappy photos, I reaaaally need to get myself a scanner or learn to use the library ones. ;>_>


At first I had this idea of what I wanted him to look like (namely the one with a more obvious outline) but when my tutors told me that he looked almost exactly like a character another student did a couple of years ago I had to change him. :( I was kinda sad about it because I liked the design, though I liked the idea of a new design more than I did the possibility of a plagiarism case. :D

Cole's final design is actually one that I had pinned down for Sliver the water character, so that was kinda interesting. He's the bottom left in this image and right next to him is some chocolate because I'm terrible:



Then once I decided on what his general shape was going to be like I made these to mess around with it some more. I liked the general shape but the top of his head wasn't very flame-like so it bothered me:



Here's a couple of slightly more rendered images I did of him. The first one is just him in a flat style and the second is something I wanted to try out. :D 



Next up is the water enemy, Sliver. I'll probably change his name because to me it just looks like I keep spelling 'silver' wrong but it'll do until I think of another one.

Here's some early concepts for him:




I went with the first design in the middle row but altered it a tiny bit as seen here:

 

And sadly I don't have a digital version of him yet. :( I'll be sure to post it when I do though! 

That's all I have for this blog, thanks for reading if you did and I hope that you have an awesome week! :D 

PS. I'm aware that the bottom half of the blog isn't aligned, I've tried to fix it 5 times now but it won't work. Sorry!

(~^-^)~



No comments:

Post a Comment